Who we are
Thank you for visiting The News Forum website. We respect your privacy and want to assure you that we are committed to protecting it through compliance with our policy below. Our website address is: https://thenewsforum.ca/.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information”);
- Search queries on the Website;
- Responses to surveys; and
- Other information, comments, or data provided by you through the website
Information We Collect Automatically. To help us improve our service we keep info about how you use our website and collect anonymous analytic data about how you use our Service. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, and the internet domain from which you access our website;
- Any pages on our website you visit;
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language; and
- The address of the website you used to link to ours.
The information we collect automatically is aggregate, statistical data and does not include personal information, but we collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our website;
- Communicate with you any updates, news, promotions, events…
- Research and develop new services;
- Monitor and analyze trends usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
ADS AND ANALYTICS PARTNERS
We use analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.(“Google”). To learn more on Google Analytics, click here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The News Forum cares about the security of your information and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. To protect your privacy and security we take reasonable steps such as….
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND HOW TO CONTACT US